Together with Department of Chemistry and Bioscience, Center of Membrane Technology, Aalborg University and Department of Chemistry and NIS Interdepartmental Centre, University of Turin, LiqTech has been working on how to enhance membrane fabrication - from lab to full scale
- Pure SiC membranes developed on macroporous SiC support via ceramic processing.
- The influence of coating parameters and sintering temperature were investigated.
- The optimized processing protocol was up-scaled on industrial SiC tubular support.
- Membrane performance was evaluated by filtering secondary effluent from a WWTP.
- Membranes showed high removal of SS, turbidity and significant reduction of COD.